Subscribe to my mailing list for updates on future projects

Thursday 16 March 2017

London Rocks Sketches

Today I received an email that set my pulse racing and put a huge smile on my face. I currently have a story in production which is destined to appear in an upcoming issue of Futurequake. This juicy seven pager, titled London Rocks, is an absolute beauty of a sci-fi short (possibly best story I've written) and I was overjoyed when the guys at FQP assigned comic artist Rafael Romeo Magat to complete the art duties. As you can see from his Tumblr page he has some freakin' mad drawing skillz!

Rafael is currently cracking on with illustrating the script and his email included a collection of sketches which are shown below.





These early sketches are awesome. Raf, as any quality comic artist should, has added an extra layer of detail that can't really be written in to a script. This is one of the coolest things about collaborating with other creators. It's a team effort, the results of which are a coming together of creatives to produce a single piece of work. I can't wait to see the end results.  

No comments:

Post a Comment